Organise your own social drive...
With the Club's diverse and wide spread membership, we believe in making club sanctioned drives more accessible to members.
Organising a club run, big or small, can be a lot of fun but also quite daunting to the newcomer. Below is a simple Template to assist members who want to be involved with the club and to help out in a small way by organising a club run or event.
The event can be almost anything... a run in the country, drive to motor sports events or car displays, fete's, Restaurants, BBQ spots etc... any drive that you might like some other Club member/s and there Clubmans to join you on. Also check the Drive Maps page.
If you would like help with organising a run or need some more information please send an email to the social coordinator. But here is what you need to do.
- The event must be given approval by either the Club President or Secretary (Please phone as emails are not checked every day)
- The event must be of a non-competitive nature ie. does not have a set time for completion; is not a timed event; does not involve a prize; does not involve nominated speeds or times for sections.
- Information sent out must include: "Westfield Car Club Inc. promotes and expects safe and responsible driving at all times" and "Westfield Car Club Inc. is a CAMS affilliated club.
- Details must be received no later than 4 days prior to the event so CAMS Insurance note can be obtained.
You need to provide the following info
- All contact details of the organiser
- An approximate time and place to meet (street directory map references are very handy)
- Departure time;
- Where you are going;
- What you will be doing;
- What to bring eg. Map, Towel, Hat, Chair, Food etc;
- Possible distance you will be travelling is also handy for fuel requirements;
- Approximate return time.
Please email all information to the President or Secretary with the details of your event. Make sure you then follow it up with a phone call just in case we are not near our computers. You must send something in writing and have verbal or written approval for it to be a club sanctioned event.
Ross Rundle - e-mail
Frank Liu - 0408 198 883 and e-mail